Could these popular locations on realestate.com.au ‘surge’ in 2018?
Predicting property ‘hotspots’ is no easy thing to do. Could knowing the locations that are seeing increases in searches on Australia’s no.1 real estate website, realestate.com.au, be a ‘guide’ to predicting areas that are about to see a ‘surge in activity’ in the near future?
Almost all of us have used property listings website realestate.com.au (they have over 5 million unique visitors per month!). With that kind of traffic searching for property around Australia, who wouldn’t love behind the scenes insights into the data, stats and trends on those using Australia’s no.1 real estate website?
Last week, REA Chief Economist, Nerida Conisbee, wrote an article on ‘areas tipped’ to boom in 2018. One of her key basis points for the areas she picked in her article was data from property listing searches on realestate.com.au – data that most of us simply do not have access to.
Important: Please note, First Home Buyers Australia does not take any responsibility for you choosing to act on blog content. We recommend you seek your own advice before making any purchase decisions. Speak to an FHBA Coach for details.
Here is a list of the areas picked (in alphabetical order):
- Adelaide (South Australia)
- Ballarat (Victoria)
- Central Coast (NSW) – in particular, the suburb of Springfield
- Darwin (Northern Territory)
- Hobart (Tasmania) – in particular, West Hobart
- Perth (Western Australia)
- Townsville (Queensland)
It is interesting to note that many of these locations have under-performed in recent times. It is also interesting to note that no metropolitan suburbs of Australia’s three biggest cities, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, were picked.
Watch this space!
Are you planning to buy your first home in 2018, but not sure where to buy? Can I make a suggestion? Start off your first home property hunt by booking in a complimentary Discovery Session with an FHBA Coach. Our Coaches are the best first home buyer experts around and work hard everyday to make first home buyers dreams come true, no matter what dream that may be. To learn more about how an FHBA Coach could help you click here.
FHBA Co-Founder & Coach
To see more on Nerida Conisbee’s insights into the areas covered in this blog visit realestate.com.au.
More on realestate.com.au:
- Watch out realestate.com.au, Facebook is coming for you!
- REA enters the home loan market, but is it a good option for first home buyers?
- Want to see the current First Home Owners Grants and incentives available in the areas picked by Nerida Conisbee? See our 1 January 2018 summary here.
- What should first home buyers expect (and consider) in 2018? – View our free 2018 first home buyer guide here
- Interested in finding other potential hotspots in 2018? Long time leading Australian property expert John McGrath recently posted his 2018 predictions – see a summary and get access to the full 2018 McGrath Report for free here.