The month of January is traditionally a quiet time for the property market with less competition among buyers and fewer listings as most Australians take a large portion off the month to enjoy the holiday period and the Australian summer with their family & friends. Historically, Australian lenders are also a bit quieter during the month, therefore some lenders are offering some sharp advertised rates as well as some ‘under-the-table’ offers at request.
As most of you already know, the first and most important step of your first home buying journey is the ‘first home loan pre-approval‘. At FHBA, our team of expert FHBA Coaches, who are also fully qualified Lending Advisers (Mortgage Brokers), always suggest our clients get a home loan pre-approval before taking on the more exciting step of searching and inspecting your first home.
For first home buyers who are looking to purchase their first home in the 1st quarter of the 2018 calendar year, this is a must read edition of our home loan specials. We have handpicked some of the new year home loan offers that are currently available through our exclusive first home buyer home loan service – FHBA Mortgages. Regardless of what your financial position, FHBA is well equipped to provide qualified credit advice to all first home buyers. And if you aren’t quite ready yet, we will advise you on what you need to do in order to be ready.
1. ‘Under-the-table’ discounts offered by several lenders
Several lenders, including the Big 4 lenders, are offering some discounts on their advertised rates, only at request or negotiation by a broker/customer. At FHBA Mortgages, we care about first home buyers, therefore, we always ask the lender our clients have chosen to go with, for further discounted rates. After all, every bit counts for a first home buyer.
If you are a first home buyer and are struggling to negotiate a better rate with a lender, we suggest you click on the button below and get in touch with a first home buyer mortgage expert/expert. The expert will be able to request a better rate and a fee waiver, subject to the lender’s discretion. Don’t waste your time negotiating with all the banks, let someone do it for you, at no charge to you!
Furthermore, if you are looking to get your first home loan directly with your current bank, we may be able to get you a home loan with better rates & features than if you went directly to the bank. Click below to learn how!
2. Special 5 year fixed rate for first home buyers only
One of Australia’s top 10 lenders are offering a special product enabling borrowers to avoid fees associated with the loan, the features include:
- First home buyers only!
- Low variable rate of 3.79% (comparison rate 3.80%) – Further discounts available subject to loan amount and deposit
- Ability to fix all or a portion of your loan at a 5 year fixed rate of 3.99%
- Annual package fee ($375) waived for the life of the loan, resulting in savings of $11,250
- Minimum borrowing amount is $150,000
- Maximum borrowing is 95% of property purchase price
- Clean credit history
- 100% offset account is included in the package (ask your FHBA Coach for more info)
Click below to see if you qualify for this special product.
3. 100% offset account with a fixed rate² home loan
An offset account is a transaction account linked to an eligible home or investment loan. The money you have in this account reduces the amount of interest you are charged on that loan, and you’ll only be charged the interest on the difference. Only a select few lenders allow you to have a 100% offset account linked to a fixed rate home loan – allowing you to enjoy both the certainty in repayments and reducing your interest costs through an offset account. Some of the fixed rates for include::
1 year term loan fixed 100% offset – 4.17% pa (comparison rate 4.44%)
2 year term loan fixed 100% offset – 4.35% pa (comparison rate 4.46%)
3 year term loan fixed 100% offset – 4.48% pa (comparison rate 4.50%)
4 year term loan fixed 100% offset – 4.60% pa (comparison rate 4.60%)
5 year term loan fixed 100% offset – 4.70% pa (comparison rate 4.60%)
Click below to see if you qualify for this 100% offset fixed rate loan.
4. Low 2 year fixed rate² offer for University Graduates, Education professionals & Emergency services personnel
One of our most popular lenders amongst first home buyers with three brands is offering first home buyers a certainty in repayments. These products are particularly good for first home buyers with low deposits. The fixed rate offers include:
- 3 year fixed rate of 3.79% (comparison rate 4.99%)
- 2 year fixed rate of 3.69% (comparison rate 5.10%)
- 1 year fixed rate of 3.79% (comparison rate 4.99%)
Key features include:
- Minimum deposit required is 5%
- Non-genuine savings are acceptable
- Satisfactory rental ledger for the last 6 months can be used in lieu of genuine savings³
- 100% offset account available on fixed rate loan splits
- LMI capitalisation¹ available above 95% of the property value
- Family members of University students/graduates or teachers are eligible for this product too!
Are you looking to fix your interest rate for a period of 1, 2 or 3 years? Then click below to book your complimentary consultation with an FHBA Coach.
5. Parent Guarantor Loans
Get your home sooner when a family member guarantees part of your home loan. One family pledge product that FHBA Mortgages has access to, allows parents to provide their property as security to their child without it impacting their capacity to borrow more money for another property. Some of the key features include:
- The guarantor can use their home’s equity to guarantee part of their child’s loan
- There’s no cash to pay and you choose the amount – a partial family pledge
- Request to release guarantee when the loan to property value falls below 80%
- Helps you reduce or avoid Lender’s Mortgage Insurance, saving you money when you need it most
- Variable rates start from 3.68% (Comparison rate 3.69%)
Click below to find out more about this product:
Glossary of Terms:
¹LMI Capitalisation – Whereby the Lenders Mortgage Insurance premium is not paid upfront by the borrower but instead added onto the total loan balance and therefore paid over the term of the loan by the borrower
² Fixed Rate – A fixed interest rate loan is a loan where the interest rate doesn’t change during the fixed rate period of the loan giving you certainty in your repayments
³ Genuine Savings – Funds to be used as a deposit by a proposed borrower (for a property purchase) have been genuinely saved over time – usually between 3 and 6 months
Every aspiring first home buyer’s situation is different, therefore it is important to get some expert advice on which product is suited to your needs. Are you looking to compare these different home loan products? Perhaps you just want to know your borrowing capacity or get a better understanding of how your first home loan works? Click here to speak with an FHBA Mortgage Broker.
Disclaimer: The information on our website including this page is general in nature and should be solely relied upon. The advertised rates above were true and correct at the time of the publication. The rates do not take into account other fees and charges which you should also consider. The credit license responsible for the mortgage service offered to clients is Mortgage Australia Group Pty Ltd, Australian Credit License (ACL) number 377294, Australian Business Number (ABN) 99 091 941 749. Mortgage Australia Group Pty Ltd is a member of the Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA). FHBA Pty Ltd is an authorised credit representative of Mortgage Australia Group Pty Ltd. You should seek professional advice when obtaining finance and purchasing your first property. Written By, First Home Buyers Australia