FHBA New Homes of the Week: 29 March 2017 (Edition 48)
It’s no surprise to those who regularly spend weekends house hunting that buyers on a budget are quickly running out of affordable options. Recent figures have shown that the proportion of properties under $400,000 is shrinking fast. Therefore, we have dedicated this week’s edition to our top 5 affordable homes around the $400,000 threshold, which is widely considered to be the affordable barrier.
As always with FHBA New Homes of the Week, in Edition 48 our favourites are all priced under the relevant State’s First Home Owners Grant (FHOG) threshold.
Are you looking to find out the what the minimum deposit requirement is for your preferred suburb?
Are you looking for the latest Grants and Incentives information for your state?
- Below are our top 5 FHBA New Homes for this week
- We have highlighted some key features of each property
- If you want to see more information on any of the homes just click on the property image
- If you want to talk to a New Homes Expert about a property you like simply complete an enquiry form
Here’s our top 5 FHBA New Homes of the Week for 29 March 2017:
- Price From: $388,775
- QLD First Home Owner Grant: $20,000 (Reverting to $15,000 from 01 July 2017)
- Configuration: 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, Double Garage
- What we like: Waterlea is a refreshing new address, hallmarked by a magnificent serpentine creek, grand parklands and relaxing space that flows through the entire community. Centred around a natural creek featuring a chain of ponds, rock pools, natural open spaces and a buzzing village heart, Waterlea is a community made up of 13 beautiful neighbourhoods with a relaxed yet vibrant village vibe.
- Price From: $288,000
- NSW First Home Owner Grant: $10,000
- Configuration: 2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms, single garage
- What we like: Newcastle is identified as a major regional activity centre in the NSW Regional Plan. With over 70 private schools, three major hospitals and a large & well established CBD, Newcastle provides residents and visitors alike a well equipped and sustainable lifestyle.
- Price From: $340,401
- Victoria First Home Owner Grant: $10,000
- Configuration: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 garage
- What we like: You’ll be amazed! Only 35 minutes to Melbourne CBD from the gleaming new Wyndham Vale train station, conveniently located just across the road from Jubilee. 35 minutes to the CBD on the new Wyndham Vale train station Residents’ Water Park and Recreation Centre and WiFi to all parks within the Estate
- Price From: $349,000
- SA First Home Owner Grant: $15,000
- Configuration: 3-4 bedrooms, 2 bathroom, double garage
- What we like: This tight knit community is close to schools, sporting facilities and local shops, so everything you need is at you fingertips. Pristine beaches are also just a short drive away. Venturing further afield, the city is an easy 30 minutes away via the Southern Expressway. Woodcroft Heights is the community in the south you have been waiting for.
- Price From: $352,177
- WA First Home Owner Grant: $15,000 (effective 01 Jan 2017)
- Configuration: 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 garage
- What we like: With Mandurah to the south, Secret Harbour to the north and stunning Indian Ocean frontage, the region’s popular recreational offerings are within easy reach, while the Perth CBD is less than an hour away.