QLD Grant Name Changed
As per today’s Queensland State Budget, from 1 July 2016 the Great Start Grant (the Grant for first home buyers in Queensland buying or building a new property) will be known as the Queensland First Home Owners’ Grant (QLD FHOG).
Increase in Grant amount
As per today’s Queensland State Budget, from 1 July 2016 the QLD FHOG will be boosted by $5,000 to a total of $20,000 for a period of 12 months (ending 30 June 2017). At that time the QLD FHOG will return to $15,000.
Will I be eligible for the increased Grant?
The eligibility criteria for the QLD FHOG will remain the same. Please visit our Queensland FHOG Guide for the Queensland Great Start Grant eligibility criteria or visit the Queensland Government information website for the new eligibility criteria.
I am in the middle of obtaining a Grant now. Will I get $15,000 or $20,000?
According to the Queensland Government information website, the Grant amount applicable will be based on the contract date. If your contract date is prior to 1 July 2016, you will only be eligible to apply for the $15,000 Grant unfortunately (subject to meeting the eligibility criteria). You should contact the Queensland Government if you are unsure.
FHBA Initiative to help Queensland First Home Buyers (Register Now)
- Are you a Queenslander currently saving for your first home?
- Are you considering buying a brand new home in Queensland sometime after the Grant increases on July 1?
- Perhaps you want help checking your eligibility or applying for the new QLD FHOG?
Now is an exciting time for first home buyers to enter the property market in Queensland. Register for a free phone appointment with an FHBA team member. During your cost & obligation free appointment, your consultant will discuss with you various items including
- How close you are to a deposit
- What type of property do you want to buy
- The QLD FHOG & other Government assistance you may qualify for
- Answer your questions
- Book you in for a free meeting with Home Finance Expert to confirm your Grant eligibility (optional)
- Book you in for a free meeting with an FHBA New Homes expert to explore the largest range of FHOG eligible properties (optional)
I am not a Queenslander
Disclaimer: FHBA recommends you should with a licensed professional about your circumstances to determine whether you meet the eligibility criteria for any Government assistance. FHBA does not recommend you make any financial, property or investment decision based solely on Government assistance.