FHBA Weekend Preview: 03 – 04 June 2017
There is plenty of change occurring in the property space at the moment that’s set to affect first home buyers everywhere. Many of the changes will affect first home buyers directly, including:
- New South Wales – The NSW government has announced a housing affordability package which includes stamp duty relief on both new and established homes for first home buyers – learn more
- Queensland – The Queensland First Home Owners Grant (FHOG) will decrease from $20,000 to $15,000 on 1 July 2017 – learn more
- Victoria – The Victorian government recently announced a comprehensive housing affordability package which includes stamp duty relief, a regional FHOG boost and other innovative ways to help first timers – learn more
- Western Australia – The WA FHOG boost of $5,000 will end on 30 June 2017, meaning the effective FHOG payment will decrease from $15,000 to $10,000 on 1 July 2017 – learn more
- Australian first home savers – The Australian government announced in May a federal housing affordability package including the proposed First Home Super Saver Scheme (FHSSS) designed to assist aspiring first home buyers save a home deposit sooner – learn more
- Australian new home buyers – First Home Buyers Australia (that’s us!) has just launched the FHBA 50 Rebate designed to financially assist first home buyers buying a brand new home – learn more
There are also other changes that have been recently announced that will affect both local and foreign investor activity. All of these changes may change the behaviour of both buyers and sellers in the property market, so it’s a great idea to seek professional advice before acting. Most of these changes will occur on 1 July 2017 which is now less than 1 month away. On the 1st of July we will be writing a summary of the changes to first home buyer policies specifically, including how they will affect you. If you are in the market right now we encourage you to get in touch with an FHBA Coach who can explain the changes and what options you have available right now. If you are in the property market you can organise a complimentary consultation with an FHBA Coach here.
This weekend is scheduled to be fairly quiet when it comes to open homes and auctions scheduled. Did someone say it’s the start of Winter? CoreLogic have reported that there are approximately 2,350 capital city auctions scheduled.
Want to know more about this weekend’s auction activity? Visit the CoreLogic blog.
Good luck to all first home buyers this weekend!
First home buyer homes of the week: edition 56
Want a First Home Owners Grant (FHOG) eligible first home? See if our favourite new homes this week suit what you are looking for!
Open homes and auction weather
See what the weather will be like in your area before you attend open homes and auctions!
COMING SOON: (NEXT WEEK!)
House hunt with confidence
Planning on going house hunting soon but don’t know whether a bank will lend you enough funds to buy your first home yet?
You should get a no obligation home loan pre-approval! A loan pre-approval provides you written guidance of how much a particular bank is willing to lend to you. A loan pre-approval comes with no obligations to proceed, leaving you in control and importantly, attending open homes knowing what your borrowing capacity and budget is.
Search FHOG eligible homes from your couch
Are you in the market for a newly built property? This could be a house & land package, a townhouse or a newly constructed apartment. Search our new look ‘new homes’ portal this weekend to see hundreds of Grant eligible properties suitable for first home buyers!
Friday News Review
Never miss an FHBA Market Update or FHBA Weekend Preview
Enjoy reading our free Market Updates and Weekend Previews? You’re not the only one! Join our FHBA VIP Club for free today to start receiving your free market reports straight to your inbox. Go on, stay informed!
First Home Buyers Australia
In the market for a brand new home? The newly launched FHBA 50 Rebate could give you a big helping hand. Learn more about the FHBA 50 Rebate here.