THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR WHEN RESEARCHING
The tips/general advice below are general in nature & do not take into account your objectives, financial situation, or needs. This information should not be solely relied upon. The factual information is not intended to imply any recommendation or opinion about a financial product. Before making any financial or property decisions you should consider your personal circumstances and seek professional advice from professionals such as Financial Planners. Before using our website and reading the content you should read our website terms and conditions.
When buying your first home there is much you need to consider and research to ensure you buy your first property without to many hiccups. Below are key research areas and some suggestions on how you can go about conducting the research.
What to look for in a property listed for sale that you like
- Use checklists and list features important to you (look out for these in our future emails!)
- Use building and pest inspectors to check behind the walls in properties you are considering buying to ensure there are no structural problems, or pests such as white-ants.
- If you are purchasing a unit / apartment ask about strata fees.
- Speak to a Mortgage Broker about your borrowing capacity to ensure you are buying and search for a property within your means
- If you are building your own home, check out the history and experience of your preferred builders to see if they can meet your desired delivery outcome (speed & quality of construction).
How can FHBA help you with this: